Twitist Forums
I have a netgear wireless-N 300 router? WNR2000? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook notifications (/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: I have a netgear wireless-N 300 router? WNR2000? (/thread-52410.html)

I have a netgear wireless-N 300 router? WNR2000? - me783232 - 12-19-2012 06:53 AM

I have that netgear wifi router and it works great for my ipod touch, connection wise. However, I'm not getting any push notifications. (The messages that pop up when i have something new on facebook or won something in a game or a new email) i have everything on my ipod turned on for push notifications, and when i go to other wifi places like a coffee shop or a friends house my notifications work. is there anything i can do to get these notifications. Thanks for the help!

- john - 12-19-2012 07:01 AM

it is a DNS issue... your internal DNS on your router is pointing you to a different location than your external address for your mail server. The iPod/iPhone OS does not support DNS rewrite with the push and it breaks things.

To fix push... set a static DNS entry for your mail server that matches the external link for your mailserver (same name and same IP address).