Twitist Forums
Any careers that involve applying social psych to social problems? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Any careers that involve applying social psych to social problems? (/thread-52504.html)

Any careers that involve applying social psych to social problems? - Psych Student - 12-19-2012 03:13 PM

I read an absolute ton about social psychology and I think there is enough research out there to change the world for the better. The principles could lead to more effective activism.

I'm not sure that a degree in social psych is what I'm looking for. Ph.D.'s in social psych are trained to be researchers and college professors. I was thinking something more along the lines of actually applying that knowledge to peace, war, human rights, etc.

It almost kind of sounds like I would have to make up my own career. Any advice?

- KatGuy - 12-19-2012 03:21 PM

Marketing research professionals apply much of the research and methods of the social sciences to practical business problems - that could be an option for you. Some marketing research people for instance work at non-profit companies that help develop social service programs based on their research. So there is an overlap between social psychology and marketing research - also economics and sociology could be candidates for you too.