Twitist Forums
Hi I hired a lawyer that just took my money? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Marketing (/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Hi I hired a lawyer that just took my money? (/thread-53762.html)

Hi I hired a lawyer that just took my money? - monicagama16 - 01-16-2013 09:30 AM

Hi I hired a lawyer that just took my money and never did nothing he was supposed to find out if a software me and my husband bought in 2008 went well in the "market". I divorce in July 2010 and in the divorce agreement I have the right of 50% whatever r the profites of this software... We have a 7 years old daughter, my X use to make 11 dollars p/our 32-40 hours p/week in July 2011 he open a gym and a restaurant, from where this money appear? I meet this lawyer in his office a friend recommend him, we never had one agreement on paper was verbal, but we exchange Facebook adress and we keep in touch, when I finally put together 2500 U$ for detective he said, to investigate and I deposit the money in his account, he stop to answer my questions and give me a lot excuses, what can I do to sue him and make sure he don't do this to others desperate single mothers and woman's thank you very much

- shizzle - 01-16-2013 09:36 AM

sue him in small claims court -- bring proof of having paid him -- he'll have to bring proof of having done something substantial for you for the money, or he'll lose.

- tish - 01-16-2013 09:46 AM

Forget suing the attorney. Go to your state's attorney Disciplinary Board and make a complaint there. NOTHING will scare a lawyer more than that possiblity. He will run at you to make it right. Tell him you are going to that Board and if he has half a brain, he will make it right without you even having to file the complaint.