Twitist Forums
Should the government use social networking sites (like Facebook) to communicate information to the public? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Should the government use social networking sites (like Facebook) to communicate information to the public? (/thread-53997.html)

Should the government use social networking sites (like Facebook) to communicate information to the public? - : ] - 01-16-2013 09:35 AM

Why or why not?

Also, are government agencies already officially on facebook, twitter, etc?

- Josue - 01-16-2013 09:37 AM

hell yeah they shld bc sometimes is important nd i think is better/faster than news nd news r like brd so yeah i think govt nEd 2 start doin dat!!!

- d3 - 01-16-2013 09:41 AM

No, because I don't think people are smart enough to differentiate information that came from legitamate sources vs a phony one. Hackers would probably have a field day sending false information using spoofed gov't facebook accounts if the government used that as a communication channel.

- ^_^ Scruffy - 01-16-2013 09:49 AM

With the popularity of social networking, I imagine they already do. I know for a fact that Obama and the White House have Twitter accounts as well as major news corporations.