Twitist Forums
Samsung Galaxy S3 or iPhone 5? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Samsung Galaxy S3 or iPhone 5? (/thread-54004.html)

Pages: 1 2

Samsung Galaxy S3 or iPhone 5? - Macy - 01-16-2013 09:35 AM

I know I've asked a lot of questions tonight, but I promise this is the last one. Lol.

I am a 17 year old girl that currently uses an iPhone 4. I use it for listening to music, texting and calling, social networks(Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.), and web browsing. No games or anything besides the occasional one or two. Typical teenage girl stuff.

I am at the moment pretty bored with my iPhone 4(iOS 6.0.1) and fed up with the iOS all together, but I'm not sure yet if I want to switch to Android. I am switching from StraightTalk unlimited everything to my family's Verizon account.

Should I get the Galaxy S3 and make the switch to Android, or stay with the iOS and get the iPhone 5? Is the iPhone 5 really as great as everyone says it is? Or is the S3 better?

- Legolas - 01-16-2013 09:36 AM

Galaxy S3 all the way

- Ismellike - 01-16-2013 09:46 AM

Dafuq apple sucks...

Get the galaxy for sure.

- blair - 01-16-2013 09:54 AM

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and like it a lot. I would not go with the iPhone. I don't think iPhones make for a good phone. Android rules. Android is better. Go with Android. The Android is calling your name...listen. You want the Samsung Galaxy S3. It is a better phone. Deep down you know this but yet you still have trouble deciding?

- Cynthia - 01-16-2013 09:55 AM

Galaxy s3

- Taylor - 01-16-2013 10:00 AM

Merry meet!

iPhone 5 pros and cons:
Pros- 1. It's extremely fast (Faster than the iPhone 4 and the 3rd generation iPad!)
2.Its insanely light, yet sturdy (it only weighs 3.95 ounces)
3.The design is striking (Aside from the fragility the new glass touchscreen is far more responsive, the FaceTime HD camera is clearer, and rear camera is more polished.The buttons feel sturdier, the speaker is louder, calls sound better. The 5 is an improvement in almost every area.)
Cons:
1. The maps suck!!!!
2. Version and Sprint models still can't surf and talk
3.It's scratches so easily

The S3 is amazing, I love everything.

* big screen
* very fast
* HD camera, takes great pictures and videos
*slim design
*Cool features
AND SO MUCH MORE!!!!!

I love love love love the Samsung Galaxy S3 and you will too

P.S- no, I am not a sales person lol

- Anand - 01-16-2013 10:07 AM

If you ever happen to drop the piece of shit that is the S3, you're gonna need a new phone. That's how pathetic the build quality of Samsung phones is. If you want to switch over to Android badly, I'd suggest you go for the HTC Butterfly or the Sony Xperia Z.

I'd advice sticking with iOS since switching over to Android would mean that you lose money for any apps that you've paid for from the Appstore..

- Calla - 01-16-2013 10:11 AM

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 (and I am 17 years old), and it is my first Android device. I think that you should definitely make the switch. Here's why.

Apple likes to update iOS regularly, and they don't always consider previous generation hardware. So like owners of the iPhone 3GS, for instance, are forced to update to the newest iOS upgrade or their phone won't work. But when they upgrade, they realize that their couple-year-old phone can't handle the operating system. Basically, Apple just wants you to buy the newest thing.

Whereas Android is open source. Even the oldest Android phones can handle the current Android version.

If you get an iPhone, you will be forced to get a new phone in a few years. If you get a Samsung Galaxy S3, you will be able to keep it without problems for a long, long time.

Music: There are a lot of ways to get iTunes on your Android phone - I am not going to go into them, but I do it quite easily. I sync iTunes with my Android phone without a lot of hassle. So don't let that worry you.

- Lauryn - 01-16-2013 10:21 AM

It all depends on your taste and backround life. I have the SIII, here's why.
1. The IPhone's screen is made of glass, SIII is not, so if you're clumsy SIII might be better.
2. The screen is bigger on the Galaxy. That's either a win or a lose.
3. On the SIII I have widgets, for example I have my Facebook buttons. and even some one-touch call people on my home screen. You can make your phone very personalized, but if that's not your fancy there is still the apps button which is basically the Iphone layout (which helps if you're still learning your phone)

All in all, however, the S3 and the iPhone mimic their operating systems: the iPhone is neat, contained and elegant, perfectly formed while the S3 has more options that leave things open to consumers. You could argue that makes the S3 either harder work or more rewarding.
So, my personal summary is that I like the S3 better because it's bigger, less easy to break, gives me widgets, and overall is a great phone. I mean, I have nothing against the IPhone, but I personally would go with the S3.
Good luck and happy shopping!!

- MDawn - 01-16-2013 10:30 AM

5's hardware is far superior to anything out there today, including the battery (any battery even comparable is much bigger in other phones, iphone 5 is very small and thin, so apple has figured out how to get far better battery life while getting smaller).
Iphones are also the safest phones today because all app code goes through itunes and it reviewed before getting there, so you don't need antivirus apps running like you need on other phones. The thin design is good too because it fits in your hand and pocket and isn't like a plate in your pocket.