Twitist Forums
How do Google, Facebook, Twitter etc, make money? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: How do Google, Facebook, Twitter etc, make money? (/thread-54331.html)

How do Google, Facebook, Twitter etc, make money? - TomWatts - 01-16-2013 09:41 AM

I saw a program, and on it were the owners of Google, and Facebook, and they are all millionaires.

How does this happen? Facebook, Google, and Twitter are all free?

- Lauren - 01-16-2013 09:44 AM

advertising

- Bobby - 01-16-2013 09:47 AM

they put advertisements on their websites. As for google, the top 2 or 3 sites have to pay google to be on top of their search list

- Twinky - 01-16-2013 09:52 AM

Well I'm not sure about Twitter, but I know that Google and Facebook all have those little ads on the side of their website.

Plus when you search something on Google, sometimes websites pay Google to be at the top of your search list. And since Google is the top search engine in the world, it obvious gets paid a LOT for that.

Hope this helps Big Grin

- M5 - 01-16-2013 09:57 AM

Basically, through advertising. Because so many people visit those sites, advertising on them can be very expensive. Kind of like advertising during the Superbowl.

Once they have money from that, it's also likely that the corporation may look at other ways of making money from that money, ie. investing it. They may purchase other internet or communication companies etc.