Twitist Forums
I am not on Facebook or Twitter am I missing anything? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: I am not on Facebook or Twitter am I missing anything? (/thread-54332.html)

I am not on Facebook or Twitter am I missing anything? - iheartcavs - 01-16-2013 09:41 AM

What am I missing by not using these two things/sites? Please explain why you think a person should join. I have a Myspace, but not Facebook, Twitter. Do you have a different favorite site? What is it and why?

- (:bublzz:) - 01-16-2013 09:47 AM

facebook is more fun than myspace. not as many profile options, but lots more apps. i'm thinking about getting rid of my myspace altogether bcuz of my facebook.

- james.greenwood - 01-16-2013 09:48 AM

Facebook is a leech of time and often just a waste of effort. The only good thing I've used it for is to organize events and catch up with old friends.

- elkgond1 - 01-16-2013 09:54 AM

Twitter is cool. I'm on there, but I can't really say why. I guess I like the interaction

- kaire - 01-16-2013 09:58 AM

You are probably just missing the latest updates from your friends. Some people prefer online interaction because it's just easier so people will upload pics or put up a status update saying where they are or what they're doing. However, if you have friends you see on a daily basis, then it doesn't matter what they say or do online because you see them in person.

I think a person should join Facebook to keep in touch with people who live far away or to find people from your past you've lost contact with. That's why I love Facebook. I have friends who live in other cities, states, even countries. I love being able to keep up with them through Facebook. It's also nice to find people I was friends with back in the day like junior high and see what they're up to now.

My fave is Facebook -- there's more to do. I have Twitter, but it's too simple. All you do is update your status. I also have MySpace, which is cool, but more of my friends have Facebook so I go there more often.