Twitist Forums
I don't have a Blackberry data plan, but I can still use data? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: I don't have a Blackberry data plan, but I can still use data? (/thread-54348.html)

I don't have a Blackberry data plan, but I can still use data? - Nicole S - 01-16-2013 09:41 AM

I have a Blackberry 9300, and I don't have a data plan and I can't use the Facebook apps, Twitter apps, BBM, etc. But today, I was just texting my friends and all that jazz when I got a message from Blackberry saying Registration as the subject, and the message read, "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network." However, I do not recall registering my phone, or doing anything of that matter. So then I was scrolling through my icons and i noticed I had a few more apps, like Maps, 1 Number, BBM Music, Blackberry Traffic, and more that were not there before. I also noticed that the little Blackberry logo, the white dots, were in the corner by the 3G symbol with the bars. I pressed the Facebook app, and I was able to use it, whereas before, I couldn't even open it. Same thing with the Twitter app. I went online to check my Rogers account with all the phone information, and when I went to the data section, it says I had no data plan. So I honestly have no clue whats going on. Help?

- Les - 01-16-2013 09:46 AM

Only wifi.

- ANDROID - 01-16-2013 09:51 AM

Hi.Usually blackberry phones are required to have a data plan no matter what. However,you could be paying per use instead. Like every time you use data you'll be paying per use