Twitist Forums
How does tweeter work? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter Hashtag (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: How does tweeter work? (/thread-5511.html)

How does tweeter work? - Saires - 10-11-2012 05:25 PM

I have no intention of gettin a tweeter account however everyone keeps referring to it, radios, tv's etc. so help me to understand two things I keep hearing regarding tweeter.

First one " Hashtag something"- what does hash tag do? Or what does it mean when placed in front of a word, what's its function?

Second one "@ someone"- does this mean your tagging someone like in Facebook or is it something else altogether?

I do use Facebook and I've started using instagram (only so I can get inspired by others pictures of around the world). I'm just not a fan of "following" what someone has to say, but since it's becoming an everyday thing then I should get on this band wagon

- SandyxSapphire - 10-11-2012 05:33 PM

Idk what tweeter is but Twitter is dumb.

- Elena - 10-11-2012 05:33 PM

Tweeter its twiter dude well the main reason you probably can't figure out how it works your looking up the wrong website.

- john - 10-11-2012 05:33 PM

After you kiss her a bit, she'll love it when you play with her tweeter.

or am i mistaken....

- Annoyingmilk722 - 10-11-2012 05:33 PM

Are you trolling? Well, if you're not, read the next bit.

Firstly, it's TWITTER. I don't use it, but still. Hashtags are used for finding out what's going on in the world. @someone does mean you are tagging someone. Like, supposeably your with your friend. Then you would tweet "With @harry_styles!" or if you want to congratulate someone "congrats to mrs @jk_rowling!" or if your speaking above someone.. "I wonder if @louis_tomlinson knows I exist..." The other person can see that you have spoken about them, tagged them, because of the @.

- em - 10-11-2012 05:33 PM

I don't use twitter for many reasons, but it's been forced down the throats of anyone and everyone so I understand it.

- Putting @ in front of someone's name is kind of like emailing them, it notifies them of the tweet because their name/username is addressed in it.

- A # (hash-tag) gets put in front of random words, and then added to a list |(kind of like a Facebook group). Anyone who says a tweet with the same hash-tag in it, has their tweet added to that list.

So when on TV, # comes up on the screen, it invites people to tweet about what is on the screen, and then by adding the hash-tag, it adds it to a list of tweets about the TV programme.