Twitist Forums
Drawbacks to the Nokia Lumia 920 compared to iPhone 5? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Drawbacks to the Nokia Lumia 920 compared to iPhone 5? (/thread-55303.html)

Pages: 1 2

Drawbacks to the Nokia Lumia 920 compared to iPhone 5? - Michael - 01-17-2013 05:24 PM

I'm contemplating getting an iPhone 5 or Lumia 920.

I am only concerned with web browsing and the phone. Apps are not that big a deal, I only use 4 (eBay, USPS, gas buddy) on my current iPhone 4

What should I get?

- marawan alwaraki - 01-17-2013 05:32 PM

If you're not that concerned about apps then the iPhone won't be much of a hit. It has a more user-friendly experience and nicer web browsing. It looks a lot better aesthetically than the Nokia.

The Nokia is only good when it comes to it camera

P.S, this is just my opinion, other people could ave different ideas

- Ian - 01-17-2013 05:32 PM

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=15&cad=rja&ved=0CIQBEBYwDg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imore.com%2Fiphone-5-vs-lumia-920-which-phone-should-you-get&ei=QeHMUOXGCJGN0wW8rYHIDw&usg=AFQjCNEsnxTxCsnuNxuZSV9Xp0e8odzboQ&sig2=2xFzJNoIXlxKlVz7gevGlg&bvm=bv.1355325884,d.d2k

Click on the link address and get an experts take on it ! For what its worth though i use the iphone 5 and have had every iphone plus owned loads of android phones and a Nokia lumia 900 and personally i prefer the iphone especially the 5.

- Ayaz - 01-17-2013 05:32 PM

Go For an Android Phone Android is best and also little cheap y dont u go Samsung Galaxy S4 it got 13MP Camera and many more unbelievable feature

- Mat - 01-17-2013 05:32 PM

If apps are not a concern, get the Nokia Lumia 920. It has more features, higher resolution and bigger display, wireless charging, great social integration and has better build quality. The iPhone 5 is not for you based on your description.

- Adam - 01-17-2013 05:32 PM

I think we are in similar boat... You should stop by an AT&T store and try the Lumia 920. I am pretty confident that once you try it, you will forget about the iPhone pretty quick. It feels super in your hands, the screen looks amazing, and the OS (Win Phone 8) is simply amazing! I had the iPhone 3GS and 4S, and as much as I love my Samsung Galaxy S3 now, each time I turn on my Lumia 920, I just don't want to look back. I still my Android phone because of the banks apps to deposits my checks and check my balances. Once these apps are migrated to WP8, Android and iOS will be history.

Just don't take my word for it. Compare the users' satisfaction for each platform (iOS vs Android vs WP8) and you will see what I am talking about.

Nokia has a far superior hardware that can be compared to no other phone manufacturer. Absolutely none comes even close!! So, if apps are no big deal to you, picking anything other than the Lumia 920 would not give you your money worth.

- chris thai - 01-17-2013 05:32 PM

Get the Nokia 920. It is better than iPhone5 in many aspect: camera, screen, wireless charging, HD voice, navigation, and durability. I try over 50 phones from iPhones to android and now 920 and I have to say the it is the best phone over all.

- Spieler - 01-17-2013 05:32 PM

there are none
many of the people here will tell you that apps are the drawback
but the thing is that the lumia has more than 130,000 apps in its app store now
and it does have the famous apps
and besides you said it yourself that you dont care about apps
get the lumia 920
it's way better than any other phone out there
the phone has an amazing 4.5" screen with very good and high resolution
the resolution is even higher than HD
which makes it enjoyable for you to watch videos on it because of the big size and because of the amazing resolution
web browsing is also enjoyable on it
the screen is also very responsive you can even use it while wearing cloves or through your car keys
the phones build quality really is amazing
and it feels high end and premium in your hand it really is enjoyable to hold
the phone has an 8.7 megapixle camera which takes amazing photos and videos
it has image stabilization which is a huge plus and its the first on any other phone
some of its other features are group shot,panorama shot,burst mode and cinemagraph
what group shot allows you to do is to capture the perfect moment so for example if you are taking a photo of 2 people and they blink you will be able to rewind the time till when they were still smiling
cinemagraph allows you to do is to play with the photos and make movement
you can also eliminate moving objects in your photos
and the camera takes better low light photos than any other phone even without flash
the phone has a large App Store which consists of mainly high quality apps
and it also has the amazing Nokia added free exclusive apps and features
like nokia drive,nokia maps,nokia city ,nokia beta,nokia music,nokia creative studio,espn,espn radio,CNN,words with friends,angry birds roost,viber HD and many more
battery life is very good
it also supports wireless charging
the web browser is extremely good and fast
the phone also has Microsoft office which is a huge plus
and it has deep social network integration(Facebook,LinkedIn,twitter,Skype…)
overall the lumia 920 is an amazing device and you should get it
hope I helped Smile
tell me if you decided to
and if you got any question or need any help you can email me at spieleranswers@outlook.com

- Sara - 01-17-2013 05:32 PM

get the lumia. it's cheaper and more attractive. it's camera and screen beat the iphone's ass. web browsing is amazing, call quality is of average

- ? - 01-17-2013 05:32 PM

The Nokia Lumia 920 has an IE web browser. Its similar to the iPhone and fast it doesn't support adobe flash same as the iPhone but in terms of speed and with the PureMotion HD+ it doesn't blur or have any lags and with a bigger screen than the iPhone its nice to surf the web in the Lumia 920. It loads Both Mobile and Desktop sites pretty fast. I say go for the Nokia cuz if I were you I would definitely go for the Nokia Lumia 920. I'm going to have mine cyan cuz its Matte. I was an iPhone user from the first iPhone till the iPhone 4 and then I switched to the Lumia 900 and the windows OS with the live tiles is awesome and the browser like I said before its fast if you are worrying about the browser.

Get the Nokia you wont regret it..