Twitist Forums
Why do some people think it's necessary to be such an attention seeker on social networking sites? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Why do some people think it's necessary to be such an attention seeker on social networking sites? (/thread-55794.html)

Why do some people think it's necessary to be such an attention seeker on social networking sites? - Rainbow Maki - 01-19-2013 12:55 PM

I see countless people on my facebook/twitter/tumblr writing/posting attention seeking statuses/pictures etc and I think it's really quite pathetic. To be honest I think that if you think that it's necessary to do this you're either an idiot, need to grow the hell up or are simply a loser altogether who needs to post their sad little problems on the internet in order to get any response from anyone.
What do you guys think?

- littleflag855 - 01-19-2013 01:03 PM

You answered your own question... These people could suffer from a form of ADHD or simply idiots and love to be centre of attention. They'll grow out of it. Don't waste your time talking of em.

- Bored Goblin - 01-19-2013 01:03 PM

They are trying to prove (to themselves) that they are worthy of attention.

- the_demons_sister - 01-19-2013 01:03 PM

Its the constant need to validation from other people the crave. It is pathetic in my opinion too, constant updates on the hour every hour.

- LinLn - 01-19-2013 01:03 PM

I think Facebook and the like are lame. Why someone would want to put their business out there for the world to see is beyond my comprehension. From what I know about it, it seems most people lie and make up things about their lives, so how could you trust anything you read there? I think it's a form of exhibitionism. I just don't get it. I know what it was invented for, but what it has become is really weird. Besides exhibitionism, I think some people are so sad that they live vicariously through the fantasy they have developed on Facebook, etc.