Twitist Forums
Advice for Digital Media Careers - Recent College Grad looking for work? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Advice for Digital Media Careers - Recent College Grad looking for work? (/thread-56071.html)

Advice for Digital Media Careers - Recent College Grad looking for work? - Guest - 01-20-2013 11:09 AM

I graduated with a Agricultural Communications and Leadership Degree and I’m looking for a marketing/social media/advertising job/ that will allow me to be creative and make sellable magazines, books, print, advertisements, and allow me to use my natural communication skills and teaching to become a professional sales associate and skilled in these digital arts. My questions is:

I have no clue what I will look like together doing all of these tasks. What kind of job is this?

Right now I am learning Adobe Suite

Indesign - for designing magazine covers and working my journalistic writing
Photoshop - Photoediting and original designs
Illustrator - making logos
Excel for accounting and office work
Photoshop - Making templates for my Ebay store
Dreamweaver - Haven't touched it yet, but I will be learning I'm guessing html, etc.

I would love any feedback and advice, and anyone who writes back would mean a whole lot to me. You guys are all awesome for doing this for people, and i hope one day to do the same whenever I find my way in my professional career.

- Sulochana - 01-20-2013 11:17 AM

It is very highly appreciated that you are a graduated person and want to move your career in digital media. Obviously, digital media is a highly concern sector and a wide range of source of information, a kind of business, services and entertainment available and accessed online through digital media. It is a kind of marketing which need hard work and after that you can gain name and fame. Cheers to Life !!!