Twitist Forums
IMac 27" or a Windows PC? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: IMac 27" or a Windows PC? (/thread-56120.html)

IMac 27" or a Windows PC? - Trevor - 01-20-2013 02:35 PM

Hi,

I have been using a Windows Vista PC (pretty slow) for the past 2 years and I feel like now is the right time to get rid of it and upgrade. My problem is that I have no clue what to get. My 2 options are either a 27" iMac 2012 (All the parts upgraded) or a Windows 7 PC with about the same specs as the iMac.

I mostly use my computer for graphic & web design, Facebook, twitter, YouTube & general Internet browsing. So which one is better for that usage?

- Daniel - 01-20-2013 02:43 PM

I use a Mac for graphics and a PC for gaming, so for what you're going to be doing I'd go with the Mac. Smile

Macs run better with programs like the Adobe series which I assume you'd be using.

- randomdude - 01-20-2013 02:43 PM

Get a 27" iMac 2012, Windows 7 PC is better for gaming, while Macs are better for everything else like web design and etc. Hope it helps.

- Doru Ubuntu - 01-20-2013 02:43 PM

Vista sucks, worst piece of crap ever made by Microsoft.

iMac is a low end, all-in-one computer, way overpriced and not good for gaming.
A Windows 7 all-in-one PC with same specs as the iMac will be half price, but also not good.
All-in-one computers are space saving solutions for regular use, such as web browsing and watching Youtube, HD videos, DVD, etc.
For any demanding applications like gaming or photo/video editing you would need a full sized tower PC with good specs.

Get a full tower Windows 7 PC with an Intel Core i5 or i7 processor and a dedicated graphics card like any of the GeForce GTX series. Get 8GB of DDR3 RAM and a 1TB hard drive.

- anon - 01-20-2013 02:43 PM

Mac OS is no better than Windows for graphic/design, but it does have some MacOS-only design programs that some people prefer.

Anyways, you can get a better PC for much less. I recommend doing so unless you need Final Cut or some other program that lacks a Windows version.

Supposedly Apple will be moving away from Intel's blazing fast x86 cpus, to crappy ARM cpus. When that time comes, abandon ship!

- Sam - 01-20-2013 02:43 PM

A Mac is great for graphic design, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and general Internet browsing.