Twitist Forums
Why have atheists left extremely hateful hateful comments on the Pope's Twitter account? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Why have atheists left extremely hateful hateful comments on the Pope's Twitter account? (/thread-56235.html)

Pages: 1 2

Why have atheists left extremely hateful hateful comments on the Pope's Twitter account? - Sdfasdf - 01-21-2013 12:51 AM

http://twitchy.com/2012/12/03/shameful-pope-benedict-xvi-joins-twitter-vile-hate-starts-before-his-first-tweet/

- ? - 01-21-2013 12:59 AM

You can't leave comments 'on' someones twitter. They can put the pope in their own tweets, but thats different

- Fireball - 01-21-2013 12:59 AM

we cannot read minds nor do we care...for them see myths TIRH
JESUS SAVES...

- BigLeagueDreams - 01-21-2013 12:59 AM

It is because they believe God is lie and doesn't exist and they think the Pope is just making stuff up, I'm no big fan of the pope but I am a follower of God.

- Kamal - 01-21-2013 12:59 AM

he is the POPE.

- Chen - 01-21-2013 12:59 AM

Maybe because he doesn't use it. Ever. Which I would really like him to.
I am a Catholic and I hate what they are saying too.

- Conrad - 01-21-2013 12:59 AM

Because they don't like the Pope and think he is an idiot? I think he is too, but I won't stoop to that.

- captain - 01-21-2013 12:59 AM

Because 4 billion people on earth see him as what he really is:

The head of an abusive and oppressive organization.

The pope being a nazi he is ideal for the job. Christians and Catholics have done so much wrong do you not expect a few complaints?

Well the pope is now tweeting, lock up our kids, the grooming has begun.

- faithfulplayground001 - 01-21-2013 12:59 AM

Because his church is responsible for a great amount of suffering, not the least of which was the pedophilia scandals.

- roundguitar189 - 01-21-2013 12:59 AM

Because atheists are often extremely hateful.

It's not rocket science.

Anger (and thus hate) is secondary. It stems from one of two places: fear or hurt. That's Psychology 101. When someone acts so hatefully, you can be sure that they have been hurt or are afraid.

Now, I'm sure it's true that some atheists have been shunned by family, have been harmed by people who were religious, and thus have some anger that they direct at the Pope that stems from this hurt. However, it's far more likely that those who are so angry at what they consider to be a real-world representation of God are motivated more out of fear that their choice in belief is wrong. They don't want to believe in God, but this makes them afraid and conflicted, and they can't admit that to themselves, because such an admission is an admission that God exists. Their fear comes out as anger, and they direct their anger into hate at the Pope, at Christians, at churches, and other such places.

Atheism is quite unhealthy, mentally.

=====

It's worth noting that I'm not Catholic. I have no need to defend the Pope. I don't think there's a need for a Pope, and I think that scripture tells us that we are all equal in the eyes of God, and have equal access to him through Jesus. The Pope and I could agree on who Jesus was, but very little else. In fact, if they made me Pope, I'd dismantle the Catholic church almost immediately.

The difference however, is that I'm not fearful of what the Pope represents, and so I don't need to spew hate his way. My disagreement isn't justifiable as hate, whereas for the atheists, it is. See how it works?