Twitist Forums
I found out about a hate blog about me on Twitter? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: I found out about a hate blog about me on Twitter? (/thread-56474.html)

I found out about a hate blog about me on Twitter? - xXEmotionalxPunkXx - 01-21-2013 09:14 PM

Just today, a random girl messaged me on Twitter and gave me a link to an entire nasty hate blog about me. I didn't actually enter it because Chrome warned me it was dangerous and that they'd steal my password etc. So I chose not to proceed but what can I do about this?

- D - 01-21-2013 09:22 PM

It's a hoax to get you to go to a malicious web page. There is no "hate blog" about you. Don't fall for dumb stuff like this.

- SoBeIt(3rdaccount) - 01-21-2013 09:22 PM

in other words you have not seen the blog but 'think' its about you...at least that is what i can infer from your question.
And no entering into blog wont steal your password unless you enter it there.

- Anissa - 01-21-2013 09:22 PM

if you know the random girl ask her about it. However, as you describe her as random I advise that you do not go to the site as it is most likely a hoax. You cold pick a key-logger( which would save you keys obviously and steal your passwords and personal data) You would probably get a virus or other malware.

- Nicole - 01-21-2013 09:22 PM

I get DMs and Mentions like that all the time.

"Someone is saying nasty things about you <link>"
"This picture of you is so funny! <Link>"

Those are some examples. Its spam. Delete 'em. Forget 'em.