Twitist Forums
do you need wireless to connect to the internet on an iphone? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: do you need wireless to connect to the internet on an iphone? (/thread-56667.html)

do you need wireless to connect to the internet on an iphone? - Clare - 01-22-2013 01:25 PM

if i bought an iphone, and i don't have internet at home, can i still get on the internet? and can i use the facebook and twitter apps?

- john - 01-22-2013 01:33 PM

Yes, as long as your cell carrier has service where you live. Smile

- Shanna - 01-22-2013 01:33 PM

Yes, you should be able to. It will be included in your data package through your wireless provider. The data will include web browsing, emails, apps, etc. You should be fine. Our Internet went down for a few days and my iPhone still worked fine.

- Kelly - 01-22-2013 01:33 PM

It depends if it's 3GS(?) or has built in internet. However some need wireless to work.

- Jordan - 01-22-2013 01:33 PM

If your carrier has their data network around your house you can, though charges may apply if it is not included in your contract, or if you exceed your limit.

You will know if you have a data connection because it will say E (Edge - low speed) or 3G(high speed) to the right of the carrier name in the top right corner.