Twitist Forums
Why do teenagers think smoking weed and marijuana is cool? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Why do teenagers think smoking weed and marijuana is cool? (/thread-57022.html)

Pages: 1 2

Why do teenagers think smoking weed and marijuana is cool? - Slient_Love - 01-23-2013 06:05 PM

I'm 17. I have never done any drug before. My cousin on the other hand is a bit more rebellious than I am. She has her own apartment and has a kid who's 3. She drinks but she doesn't know that I know about it because I kind of stalk her on twitter. lol. She said she has been sober for about a month.
I want to know why almost all the cool/popular people I know or met have either said they've gotten high on weekends/smoke and drink and said it was fun and cool and won't affect you.
But what I think is that it will affect you later on in your late adult life.
They usually say they smoke because they want release from problems or a stupid answer like because it's fun. I always say when I get mad, sad or feel like crap I write and play my keyboard(Piano) or draw. Writing is my way of escaping instead of thinking nothing would go wrong with me for smoking or drinking. Because for me I think smoking and drinking would affect you later on in your adult life you just don't notice it now.
What's your take on teenagers smoking or drinking?
I think it's awful.
Could it affect them later on in their adult life?
From my personal experience. From last Summer hearing how my cousin's attitude changed towards her four year old son was for the worse as in the yelling part of it. She's just lazy with him. I want to take care of him for some time during the Summer because I know how she treated him when she didn't drink or do anything stupid.
The drug that I'm focusing on is weed and marijuana. I find it ridiculous that other teens think it's okay to smoke

- Ieuan - 01-23-2013 06:13 PM

Because simply they want attention and its fun.
I do not smoke!

- ✌♥ - 01-23-2013 06:13 PM

Because they live by "YOLO" >.> I hate that saying.

And because other kids are doing it.

- Jαwnsexυαl - 01-23-2013 06:13 PM

It's their choice. If you don't want to smoke, then just don't do it. If somebody else wants to, then leave them be (as long as they aren't directly affecting you). By the way, weed and marijuana are the same thing.

- smiley23 - 01-23-2013 06:13 PM

Media influence.

- Rain - 01-23-2013 06:13 PM

Weed and marajuana are the same thing.

I think its none of your business. You sound stuck up. Sorry.

Smoking or drinking are a lot more fun than stalking people on twitter and b!itching about it on y!a.

- Ungratefulbread756 - 01-23-2013 06:13 PM

Weed and marijuana are the same thing...

Why shouldn't they? It is their choice not yours. You are stuck up. You will probably never have fun in your entire life... I don't smoke either, but I am not going to have a hissy fit because my cousin wants to.

- BER - 01-23-2013 06:13 PM

Well, I've never smoked marijuana, and I never plan to, but I understand why some people do. I don't think the majority of people who smoke think "OMGZ! I am so cool!11!1" Maybe a thirteen year old who has smoked two times thinks that way. Most people do it because it feels good. Maybe you can cope with your emotions in different ways (so can I) but not everyone can. Some people need extra help from marijuana.

- largescarecrow529 - 01-23-2013 06:13 PM

I, honestly, don't think anything of anyone smoking or drinking of any kind. If I see 16 year olds drinking out of a flask, or sharing a joint then I might just shake my head, or I might just do nothing and think nothing of it. I depends on what kind of mood I'm in. It might affect them for medical reasons in life or it could affect their behavior, but I can't really say anything since I've never been around anyone else that severely drinks or smokes. My friend drinks with his friends, and his family, but he doesn't do it excessely and he has no behavior/medical changes.

- Midnightsoap359 - 01-23-2013 06:13 PM

Why do you generalize? >_>
If they want to do that type of stuff, let them. It isn't your life.