Twitist Forums
Why are people on Twitter saying people are spreading nasty rumors about me? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Why are people on Twitter saying people are spreading nasty rumors about me? (/thread-58056.html)

Why are people on Twitter saying people are spreading nasty rumors about me? - Mackenzie - 01-27-2013 11:45 AM

Well every know and then people will message me on Twitter and say that someone is spreading nasty rumors about me and they will give me a link but the link is fake. And the person messaging me, doesnt even know me and i dont know them. Do you think it could just be people trolling?

- Yawn Gnome - 01-27-2013 11:53 AM

CLICK THIS! Do so at your own peril.
Could be any number of security exploits or just simple people drivin Unique Vistors to a specific site, that is called Traffic Shaping.

- JeWeL - 01-27-2013 11:53 AM

its a virus, don't click any links and don't put in your password to anything on them

my sister has a bot virus that tweets under her name, that is one way you get that virus.

- James D. - 01-27-2013 11:53 AM

Oh, how I wish I had read this a month ago. Still trying to repair the effects of my ignorance. But then again, why should Twitter be any different from the rest of my existence?