Twitist Forums
Should the government use social networking sites (like Facebook) to communicate information to the public? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Should the government use social networking sites (like Facebook) to communicate information to the public? (/thread-59208.html)

Should the government use social networking sites (like Facebook) to communicate information to the public? - : ] - 01-31-2013 07:23 AM

Why or why not?

Also, are government agencies already officially on facebook, twitter, etc?

- starting over - 01-31-2013 07:31 AM

Yeah, sure. They do right now. It's a good way to reach those audiences that are active on those site.

- Jimmy - 01-31-2013 07:31 AM

the G-O-P do it the R-N-C do it......right?

- Dave H - 01-31-2013 07:31 AM

I believe some politicians are on twitter.

- sheephead_28 - 01-31-2013 07:31 AM

I don't want to be Gibb's friend

- Wondering - 01-31-2013 07:31 AM

Well, I think it should be an option, but I do believe they already watch everything we do anyways. They send us propaganda through several media outlets. Why should Facebook be any different?

I personally subscribe to white house updates. I like to be informed and I sometimes find them rather amusing.

Now if they needed to let us know not to go to certain places for safety reasons or something, I see nothing wrong with alerts. Guess they could be optional too but who would opt out of knowing where NOT to go?

- Captain Awesome - 01-31-2013 07:31 AM

No.

The government already uses social networking sites like Facebook, MySpace and Twitter to data mine and collect information on all of us.

- massivejudge250 - 01-31-2013 07:31 AM

It's called freedom of speech - if you were actually taught U.S. history in the liberal controlled schools you would know this already..

Go educate yourself.