Twitist Forums
What are some good jobs for people that have social anxiety? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: What are some good jobs for people that have social anxiety? (/thread-59418.html)

What are some good jobs for people that have social anxiety? - Stephalopolis - 02-01-2013 12:49 AM

I'm in high school and I'll need to get a job if I ever want to get a car. Any suggestions on jobs with little social interaction or limited speaking?

- Joe L - 02-01-2013 12:57 AM

Factory job

- Chelsi - 02-01-2013 12:57 AM

I struggle from social anxiety too. Right now I work in a library at the circulation desk- tasks involving patrons basically include checking books in or out- rarely does someone need help finding something! Otherwise, I spend my time shelving books and putting away maps; it's a geology library, so there are also some specific tasks related to geology. But I love it- I'm in college, and it's the best job I have had thus far! My worst experience was working at a bank- there is a lot of sales and marketing pressure put on you there, believe it or not. (It was a surprise to me!) I also worked at Target- I liked working in the photo lab because it was more secluded, but hated cashiering.

It can be hard finding jobs that you are comfortable with, but trust me, there are a few out there! Smile