Twitist Forums
Why do Republicans want to talk about Obama's childhood and Michelle instead of current events? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Why do Republicans want to talk about Obama's childhood and Michelle instead of current events? (/thread-59664.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Sage - 02-01-2013 09:18 PM

Don't you know?

That's what the Republicans do. They can't talk on the issues, so they do personal attacks on individuals.

That's who they are. That's what they live for. That's what they thrive on.

The bigger question is this: When will the American people wake up and stop allowing the Republicans to scare and fool them?

- kinddrum550 - 02-01-2013 09:18 PM

Obama was wrong about Iraq, he is a war monger on Afghanistan, his economic program would increase unemployment, his tax increases would hurt the financial markets, his spending proposals would increase the deficit, and his proposals for social security and medicare would be simultaneously contractionary and inflationary. OK, can we get back to the basic point that Obama would be a disaster for America?

- sparhawk7322 - 02-01-2013 09:18 PM

We would love to but Obama keeps ducking substantive questions.

- IAN B - 02-01-2013 09:18 PM

Isn't it funny, indeed? McCain and his Republicans talk nonstop about OBAMA - McCain even calling Obama an "honorable opponent". It's getting obvious that their specialty is to attack, attack, attack similar to bomb. bomb. bomb Iran.

Vote Obama '08.

- Will B - 02-01-2013 09:18 PM

OK current events...Obama has spent 143 days out of his 1 term (well 3 years and four months technically before hardcore campaigning) actually on the Senate floor doing his job. He has had no major legislation created or pushed with his name on it for his constituency and pretty much went through state and federal level of legislative bodies (Congress and State Legislature) as fast as possible to be President. HE HAS NO EXPERIENCE, HAS NOT HAD A REAL JOB, AND IS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT JUST SO HE CAN SAY HE IS THE FIRST AF AM PRESIDENT. He is full of himself, racist, and arrogant. How is that for news?

- Ungratefulparent379 - 02-01-2013 09:18 PM

It's the same reason you study history. You look at past trends to help you discover how to deal with the present and future.

- Mac - 02-01-2013 09:18 PM

The question of character is a pre-requisite to any other issue, in the opinions of many people.

- Iratetoad936 - 02-01-2013 09:18 PM

Like his current associations with terrorists and the GD America preacher? Sure. Happy to connect him with that.

- Midnightnose855 - 02-01-2013 09:18 PM

Because your upbringing,and who you Idolize does have a bearing on who you are.Obama's history and associations make it abundantly clear that he is utterly UnAmerican.I just thought it might be at least marginally important that the guy who wants to be President,actually believes in America.Judging from the responses from the Obama Cult I guess that's not important anymore.So we're a Democracy,who cares when Obama can show us the Wonders available through his Marxist beliefs.

I think Hitlers exposure to the Catholic Church,and his Idolizing of people like Martin Luther had a lot to do with who he really was.Unfortunately the World learned that lesson late.So now most people like to know a little about a persons past before they entrust that person with their future,seems reasonable.

Influences matter,and as I look at some of the people Obama's looked up to,or associated with,I know in my gut that electing him is the worst possible thing we could do.

NObama 08'

August 4 President

- Jake - 02-01-2013 09:18 PM

Because they are young enough that people are still alive who can talk to them about it.