Twitist Forums
Does it bother you when girls are super open about their periods? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Does it bother you when girls are super open about their periods? (/thread-59701.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Black W - 02-01-2013 11:55 PM

sure there is something else she is trying to tell people

- Chrysanthemum - 02-01-2013 11:55 PM

Not really, in fact, I don't care. I talked to my ex guy close-friend before about getting cramps, and he said, "You might be getting your period soon."
I joined a period stuff converse with my two classmates and with a guy classmate asking curiously about girls' period. I willingly answered and he seemed to be listening and agreeing. I told my Uncle I couldn't go swimming since I have my period.

I don't really give a crap about ppl talking about periods and stuff. It's a completely normal thing.

- Ungratefulsink595 - 02-01-2013 11:55 PM

OH IT DOES NOT BOTHER ME AT ALL. Girls have vaginas so they are suppose to get periods, i reccommend you tell me your on your period so that way I know ahead of time.

- largesugar823 - 02-01-2013 11:55 PM

No, it doesn't bother me. If I have to suffer then so do other people!

Almost half the population has or will have a period,

It's natural without it, we couldn't have babies and stuff.

& i actually know girls who will openly talk about doing a poop. So.. there.

Get over it!

- kate - 02-01-2013 11:55 PM

It doesn't bother me if someone mentions they're on their period or they've got cramps or even ask me for a tampon, but it does bother me if someone goes into detail about it. It's just as bad as guys who go into detail about the colour and texture of their poop. Not something we need to know.

- Billy - 02-01-2013 11:55 PM

I don't always post things like that on facebook.. sometimes I'll express my hate for cramps. And to the whole shit thing... yes, when Im with my friends, we all will with no problem say if we need to do a number 2.. but hey, thats just us. We're open and dont really care..

but.. keep in mind I do think certain details are not okay for a group of people (unless your close friends any everyone is okay with it) and esp not fb. me and my friends are all close and thats how we are, so when were together its okay, but in public around other ppl no we dont talk like that.

- ღCity Nightsღ - 02-01-2013 11:55 PM

Yes, its disgusting...

I mean I know that its a natural thing or whatever, but I don't wanna know about it, I don't wanna hear my friends whine about it and I don't wanna whine about mine. Why the hell would anybody write that on Facebook? EW!
Sometimes if my friend looks a little sick and I ask her what's wrong, she spells it out in sign language. We go to a school that's tiny, very personal lives in the open and its male dominated haha we're the two full time girls at the high school side. (very tiny private school, locally owned by a student's mom don't ask... To long of a story) and we spell it out in sign language. We NEVER speak of it! NEVER!

Plus nobody on the face of the earth wants to know about other people's problems, there. I don't even wanna deal with mine rather than listen to other girls b*tch and whine about theirs. Its GROSS!!! Disgusting, absolutely disgusting to have to hear it, let alone see it written everywhere on Facebook. That's a personal problem, should be personal and stay personal.

- victoriouseducation968 - 02-01-2013 11:55 PM

For me, it really matters what's being talked about, and with whom.
For example, my best friends and I have no boundaries when it comes to any type of talk. If we're on our periods (yes, we cycle together. That's spending too much time together haha) we all mope about it to one another. Nothing grosses me out about them.
If some barely acquaintance starts talking vividly about something period related, I might ask her why on earth she's telling me this. If someone's just talking about cramps or soreness or something, it doesn't bother me.

I'm more annoyed by random strangers or people I follow on twitter who talk about their sex lives. Once again, that's a fine topic for best friends....but if we aren't friends, I don't want you to tell me how your sex is.

- Arina - 02-01-2013 11:55 PM

It doesn't bother me to talk about with my close female friends. Why would it? They're women too do they know what it's like. I ne'er compain about it on Facebook though since that kind of matter is personal.

- Amber<3 Tylor - 02-01-2013 11:55 PM

It's not that it bothers me, I'd' just rather not know when you're bleeding out of your vagina. That's your business. No one really cares so why bring it up? Yea it's natural but it's fuck!ng disgusting. It's like having herpes or something. You wouldn't go around telling everyone you have herpes. Get over it. No one wants to know when your uterus is shedding. It doesn't bother me when talking about it with my best friend or letting my fiance know. But I just don't think it should be put out there like that.