Twitist Forums
Would humans be happier without Facebook/media? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Would humans be happier without Facebook/media? (/thread-60576.html)

Pages: 1 2

Would humans be happier without Facebook/media? - Karima Middleton - 02-13-2013 03:18 AM

I was wondering what life would be like without Facebook.
Do you think that humans would be happier without Facebook and social media?
I know that social media can manipulate us into thinking we need to look like "that" or we need to have perfect skin to be beautiful, etc.

What do you think?

- Alyssa Trollington - 02-13-2013 03:26 AM

Well, seeing as we were without it about 7 or 8 years ago, and we were perfectly OK, I think we'd be perfectly OK now.

- Vincent - 02-13-2013 03:26 AM

The culture and values of the American people would be richer without the propagation of mind-decaying things such as MTV and things like it.

- music19 - 02-13-2013 03:26 AM

Humans would probably be more productive without them.

- Lisa B Cool - 02-13-2013 03:26 AM

We would have stronger relationships with our family and friends. We could also have longer attention spans. But, I like the idea of building our own thoughts and ideas by interacting with others.

- Konata Izumi - 02-13-2013 03:26 AM

either way people would still worry about how we look
if we didnt have social media then someone would think of something else ya know what i mean?

- nora - 02-13-2013 03:26 AM

Yes. Humans will adapt. We always have been.

- jane s - 02-13-2013 03:26 AM

The media can brainwash people and most of the time they do succeed. I think with out media/ social networks, we wouldn't be confined in our homes so much. People would actually go out, hang out with friend, interact and socialize with friends (like physically, instead of IM/ text, facebook etc). Society would be much more interactive.

But with facebook and media, what do you get: losers who rarely ever leave the house cuz they're tpp busy with face book, texting, TV, video games, computers, and smart phones.

- Vikram - 02-13-2013 03:26 AM

People survived without electricity, internet etc for thousands of years.

- broadjam052 - 02-13-2013 03:26 AM

I actually don't use Facebook as a social red. I have to use it because it's the way I receive my school works.
I do use Yahoo, it makes me very deppendent of people who I don't even know.
I depends on internet now, I bet I could be a better person without this excess of garbage media..
:/
If you don't understand don't worrie, I'm just trying to learn english.