Twitist Forums
Why on Earth do these twitter tw*ts send out threats to athletes who don't win? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter DirectMessage DM (/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Why on Earth do these twitter tw*ts send out threats to athletes who don't win? (/thread-60938.html)

Pages: 1 2

Why on Earth do these twitter tw*ts send out threats to athletes who don't win? - Jack H - 02-14-2013 10:25 AM

They are sending disgusting messages to Daley, Threatening Rebecca Addlington, why can't they let them get on with their "job", it's not that important in the scheme of things after all is said and done...

- Andi C - 02-14-2013 10:33 AM

I call it "keyboard cowboy/girl syndrome"!

- DeathDealer - 02-14-2013 10:33 AM

Their own lives are forfeit.

- thunderingnotebook285 - 02-14-2013 10:33 AM

No sense no feelings, personally I'd much rather send them hugs!

- Alan - 02-14-2013 10:33 AM

The world is full of jealous and insane idiots who cannot bear to see others do well. And some have too great an expectation of their idol, probably due to the over hyping of them in the newspapers and TV. How many times have the TV and press made British athletes and sports teams winners before the event begins? Particularly in football, tennis and cricket, only to result in failure and disappointment? It is the same with the athletes at the Olympics. There is no excuse for the blatant hatred and idiocy of the perpetrators and they should be silenced publicly to humiliate them. But you will never stop it altogether. The modern communication networks have created an ideal spawning ground for people to vent their feelings from what they believe to be a safe distance and where they believe they may remain anonymous. That is until the law comes knocking on their door!

- wideday385 - 02-14-2013 10:33 AM

As far as I know, nobody threatened anyone. The government of this country threaten people of this country in various ways almost every month. They get to act with impunity.

Tom said,
"Winning a medal would make all the struggles that I've had worthwhile.
"It's been my dream since a very young age to compete at an Olympics.
"I'm doing it for myself and my dad. It was both our dreams from a very young age.
"I always wanted to do it and dad was so supportive of everything.
"It would make it extra special to do it for him."

Mr Twitter said,
"You let your dad down i hope you know that."

Tom tweeplied,
"After giving it my all...you get idiot's sending me this..."

You decide.

Is our police state suppressing our freedom of speech?

Police arrest teenager over Tom Daley Twitter message
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/19059088

If Tom had had any sense he would have replied that he didn’t put a foot wrong and that it was all Peter Waterfield’s fault but he’s too much of a gentleman for that. I’d love to know why the aptly named Twitter and Facebook get so much free advertising on the BBC. People are always being pulled up about mentioning the name of companies yet these two companies receive free advertising morning to night. Tweetstories are the sure sign of lazy, lazy, lazy journalism.

- Deighton - 02-14-2013 10:33 AM

a 17 year old has been arrested.

- uc410 - 02-14-2013 10:33 AM

they are idiots who do not have a life of their own.
i cannot understand why one would want to be a twit wit

- corny - 02-14-2013 10:33 AM

There are some sad nasty people out there, always have been, always will be. Athletes have to realise that if they go on these sites they will mainly get support but there will always be some saddo who will abuse them. The only way to avoid them is to avoid the sites or to learn to ignore them.

- SW11 - 02-14-2013 10:33 AM

I cannot understand this obsession for letting the world and it's dog know what you are doing all the time. As Corny says, don't go onto these sites and read nasty comments about yourself.
The nasty piece of work who posted abusive tweets to Daly has been arrested by police.
Personally, I don't do Facebook or twitter. Too intrusive and open to abuse from sickos. Also if I didn't like you or vice versa 40 years ago, wtf would I/you want to be matey with me/you now on Facebook. Get a life!