Twitist Forums
How can I make my twitter not show up on google but not have to protect my tweets? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: How can I make my twitter not show up on google but not have to protect my tweets? (/thread-6117.html)

How can I make my twitter not show up on google but not have to protect my tweets? - Confrontation - 10-12-2012 04:35 AM

I don't want my twitter coming up on google because I don't want my family being able to see it if they ever search my name but I don't want to have to protect my tweets because I don't want the hassle of accepting followers and I want to show up in the public timeline.

Is there any way of making it so this can be possible?

- okneil - 10-12-2012 04:43 AM

You cant...sorry!

- Erraticcarpenter089 - 10-12-2012 04:43 AM

Twitter is limited in the security and privacy options that it has. Even if you protect your account, anything you tweeted before then is still publicly search-able (and always will be).

My suggestion would be to create a new public account that isn't attached to a user name, full name or email address that anyone you don't want reading your public tweets would know. That way you're essentially anonymous.