Twitist Forums
Gimp 2.6 help pleeeeeease? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter abbreviations (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Gimp 2.6 help pleeeeeease? (/thread-6145.html)

Gimp 2.6 help pleeeeeease? - megan:) - 10-12-2012 05:03 AM

Alright, i am going to give as much info as possible because I need a SIMPLE yet THOROUGH answer! i have gimp 2.6 and i am trying to make a background for my twitter account. i need to have a picture of a celebrity that I like included in the background. i open up gimp, and get a blank slate (if anybody knows how big it's supposed to be so i can successfully upload it to twitter, that would help too). i copy a picture of the celebrity from the internet, then i go to paste it into gimp and it says 'there is no data in the clipboard' what does that mean?? how do i copy and paste to gimp in order to make a simple twitter bg? again, please keep answers simple yet thorough! thank you Smile

- Paunchy - 10-12-2012 05:11 AM

ok well be sure to be positive you copied it. but my greatest advice is right click on the image click on save as/save target/whatevr. and then save it to your computer. then open the picture using gimp (go to gimp>click file>open>find the picture) or you could use open as layer depending on what yor working on. then once the pictures open open a new gimp slate and copy the image (rclick>copy) and paste it onto the slate you want to work off of. now it can be rescaled and whatever you want to do to it.

Have fun!

Joe