Twitist Forums
Boat race: Do you agree with the elite Mister Zeng or swimmer Mister Oldfield, the anti-elitism campaigner? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter DirectMessage DM (/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Boat race: Do you agree with the elite Mister Zeng or swimmer Mister Oldfield, the anti-elitism campaigner? (/thread-61463.html)

Boat race: Do you agree with the elite Mister Zeng or swimmer Mister Oldfield, the anti-elitism campaigner? - Linus Upp - 02-16-2013 05:44 AM

Oxford crew member William Zeng used Twitter to send the protester a series of emotional messages after the race.
Mr Zeng, doctorate student at Oriel College, tweeted: ‘When I missed your head with my blade I knew only that you were a swimmer, and if you say you are a protester then no matter what you say your cause may be, your action speaks too loudly for me to hear you.

- Christine H - 02-16-2013 05:52 AM

I am with Mr Zeng.

Can you imagine the mental impact of decapitating a swimmer in the middle of the boat race?

Jeez. I am amazed that they could continue after seeing his head bobbing in between their blades!

- nemesis - 02-16-2013 05:52 AM

Methinks the rash, silly, stupid, bone-headed, vandalising Mr Oldfield should count himself MOST lucky - that an oar-blade didn't fetch him one full in the throat - leaving his protest a very much lost and silenced cause.
A lucky man, indeed ?

- Proud Infidel - 02-16-2013 05:52 AM

Oldfield is a very silly idiot and lucky he was not killed or injured,I hope he has the decency to be ashamed of himself,the plank.