Twitist Forums
Laptop problems when unplugged from the mains? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Laptop problems when unplugged from the mains? (/thread-61686.html)

Laptop problems when unplugged from the mains? - missmetzner - 02-17-2013 01:10 AM

So when my laptop is unplugged from the mains it starts playing up, after use for a couple of minutes it just crashes the screen, then the mouse, then either comes up with the blue screen of death or a black screen which asks me to insert the boot drive or something (?) then won't turn back on until i plug it into the mains charger, where it will work fine. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 and is just over a year old, the battery life is fine and usually lasts for 4/5 hours, please help!

- seajamit - 02-17-2013 01:18 AM

The battery may not be fine, it suggests to me that your battery is not providing a constant reliable stable amount of power. I would get a new battery .

- Tiffany - 02-17-2013 01:18 AM

Since you are sure that your dell battery is fine, I think you need to check your laptop motherboard, it is likely there is something wrong with it. Take it to a tech center for examination.

- Dell Inc. - 02-17-2013 01:18 AM

Hello missmetzner,
My name is Krishna and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. Based on the above symptoms, It's more likely that you have a bad Motherboard or Hard drive. Try running the hardware diagnostics and see if it shows any errors. You can follow the instructions from http://dell.to/dU0fpw .

Also, If you want to email me your service tag and current shipping address, I will have a look at your warranty to see what options we have. You can reach me at Krishna_KRN@Dell.com

Regards,
Dell-Kris K
Dell Social Media and Communities

- Kieran - 02-17-2013 01:18 AM

Hiya, my dad has one of those laptops (though slightly older) and he found that buying a new cbale worked as the older one wasn't even charging it properly so when unplugged the laptop had nothing to run off...Hope this helps! Kieran.