Twitist Forums
Is 50k a year for a permanent job with benefits working from home good? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Is 50k a year for a permanent job with benefits working from home good? (/thread-61766.html)

Is 50k a year for a permanent job with benefits working from home good? - Longwaytogo - 02-17-2013 07:06 AM

I recently started working for a US-based web company as a social media manager and that's the offer I got: 50k yearly salary +bonus with benefits, working from home all the time, flexible schedule. I live in Montreal and I was wondering if that's a good deal compared to other jobs.

- janeroth2 - 02-17-2013 07:14 AM

50K is USA dollars that is a good salary. It would depend on what you need to live of course.

- Employment Guy - 02-17-2013 07:14 AM

Check salary.com for an answer. But keep in mind that working from home could easily save you enough that you should probably add about 10% (so, $55k) to that offer.

- Sengip - 02-17-2013 07:14 AM

Well it really matters; I mean by no means is 50k bad, a lot of well educated people are making less. But do you have a degree? If you don't then you hit a jackpot with that, if you do then that's around average. I know one of my teacher from High school that I'm now friends with makes 35-40k A year, and is 100% content with it, lives in a small house in phoenix, has a dog, has a yard, no debt. It really boils down to what you need to live and satisfy the lifestyle you want to live.

- Common Sense - 02-17-2013 07:14 AM

Something is fishy about this. If they ask you for money RUN.