Twitist Forums
What is one way that you make online safety a daily habit? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter abbreviations (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: What is one way that you make online safety a daily habit? (/thread-62764.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Malik - 02-20-2013 08:41 PM

You shouldn't share personal information or pictures of yourself with anyone online.

- Jordan B - 02-20-2013 08:41 PM

It's the internet... Not very dangerous....

- Epic Troll - 02-20-2013 08:41 PM

I just stay away from internet trolls. Oh, wait I am one. I'll never safe.

- massivebutter866 - 02-20-2013 08:41 PM

I have a computer I never really use, mostly just for testing installs of things I'd rather not do on my main system, like new operating systems.

Every now and then after a reinstall ill turn off all the security and see how long it takes me to get some miserable malicious program. "Really fast."

- Sky - 02-20-2013 08:41 PM

Common sense.

- adaviel - 02-20-2013 08:41 PM

Me, personally ? I use Linux which so far (as a desktop) has not been targetted by criminals. And I don't send my personal details to Nigeria, or any more details than are strictly necessary, anywhere. E.g. I use a PO box address, and lie about my date of birth.

I use different passwords everywhere, and keep them in an encrypted store (Firefox, with a master password in case the computer's stolen, for web ones). I make up random answers to password reset questions and store them, too, instead of using real ones like my mother's maiden name of the name of my dog.

- madison - 02-20-2013 08:41 PM

1. Blocking pop-ups

2. Using SafeSearch programs on various search engines

3. Common Sense!

- World Traveler - 02-20-2013 08:41 PM

One way in which I make online safety a daily habit is not sharing any personal information to other people whom I do not know.

- Conan Edogawa - 02-20-2013 08:41 PM

If there is anything too unique about myself, I won't post it on public sites.
I try to keep cool and polite when dealing even with the biggest ****s on the internet.

- EDL - 02-20-2013 08:41 PM

Whenever I use a public computer I always restart instead of logging out. Because of the way they're set up everything you've done is cleared. That way you don't forget to log out of anything.