Twitist Forums
What is one way that you make online safety a daily habit? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter abbreviations (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: What is one way that you make online safety a daily habit? (/thread-62764.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Camille - 02-20-2013 08:41 PM

I'll just always think before I send. That's what I usually do, and when I realize that it will stay there forever and ever and *ever* I just write it on a word document. It might sound corny but it really works! Also, if you think an answer might hurt a person who asked the question on Yahoo! Answers, I would just quit and answer another question. So you get a point added for the next level, is it really worth hurting someones feelings?

- Hank - 02-20-2013 08:41 PM

Stop clicking on the ads for penis enlargement because I'm starting to think they are all a scam.

- Shawn Robin - 02-20-2013 08:41 PM

Always wear protection... Wink
Link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finger_cot

- Merlynson S - 02-20-2013 08:41 PM

For a start, only use webmail (imap) email for your social networks. That way you are limiting access to your personal computer/device.

Secondly, encourage your children to share information. What?!?! By that I mean, let them share to friends someone who seems creepy or who is asking for a date or whatever. They know what a parent will say but they may get better advice from their peers and certainly the community will know what's going on.

In some ways, communication has got out of hand. Your daughter may have stripped off as a picture for her boyfriend then found it distributed on a network. What can you do about that?

- Mattツ - 02-20-2013 08:41 PM

well MOST of the answers say things that sound unrealistic unless your parents are super strict or you're self discipline.

There is no way how online can get any safer than it is!! when you get on the internet you're a completely different person.

- Yunush Tobi Huyo - 02-20-2013 08:41 PM

Not posting personal or identifying information

- The Announce Table - 02-20-2013 08:41 PM

Censoring my words on Yahoo! Answers

- Lazy-assedvein588 - 02-20-2013 08:41 PM

One thing to do, is to turn off your computer , right off from the internet connection when you are done.
Second, don't forward email junk to all your buddies with everyone's email addresses on it. Erase them before you forward. ALSO don't get involved in "pass this on to as many as you can, or everyone on your mail list" schemes. These are ways that nefarious outfits use to collect names to sell to online marketers!

one last thing! I ALWAYS clear my history before I shut down to defeat any cookies.

- purringstreet589 - 02-20-2013 08:41 PM

i am for being cautious and safe online, but i am directly against any form of internet censorship or regulation.

- Samrawit - 02-20-2013 08:41 PM

WebMD Feature

Reviewed by Louise Chang, MD

Let's face it: it's not all that difficult to start a fitness routine. After all, most of us have done it more than once.

The trouble, of course, comes with sticking with it. All too often, our initial enthusiasm and energy wanes, we get distracted by other things going on in our lives, or we don't think we're seeing results quickly enough -- and we throw in the towel.
Yet many people do manage to hang in there, and would no sooner skip their regular workout than their morning shower. What's their secret?

A recent study by researcher Diane Klein, PhD, shed some light on the subject. Long-term exercisers (who had been working out for an average of 13 years) were asked to rank what motivated them to keep up with their regimes.

Their answers might surprise you. The exercisers were not as concerned with powerful pecs and awesome abs as they were with feeling good and being healthy.

Here's how the study participants ranked their motivators:
Fitness
Feelings of well-being
Pep and energy
Enjoyment of the exercise
Making exercise a priority
Sleeping better
Feeling alert
Being relaxed
Weight management
Appearance

So, once you have your priorities in the right place, how can you become one of the fitness faithful?

WebMD has compiled 10 tips for making fitness a habit in your life. To create the list, we sought the help of Klein, along with long-term fitness buff Roy Stevens and his wife, Wanda, who is transforming her hit-and-miss exercise schedule into an almost-daily habit.

1. Do a variety of activities you enjoy. And remember, there's no rule that says you have to go to a gym or buy equipment.

"We've shifted our perceptions from regimented exercise to physical activity," says Klein, assistant professor of exercise, sports and leisure studies, and director of gerontology at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.

Having a variety of activities -- weight lifting, walking, running, tennis, cycling, aerobics classes -- will ensure that you can do something regardless of the weather or time of day.

2. Commit to another person. "The social aspect of exercise is important for me," says Wanda Stevens, a stay-at-home mom in Austin, Texas. "I'll let myself off, but if I've agreed to walk with a friend after dinner, I won't let them down."

She is six weeks into an exercise program, thanks in part to her husband's support. Roy Stevens, who works as a management consultant, has become her "in-house personal trainer." They work out together every morning, doing a combination of aerobics, strength training, Tae Bo, and stretching. If he's out of town, he gives her a wake-up call, and she takes the dog for a walk.

3. Make exercise a priority. "It has to be a non-negotiable," says Roy Stevens