Twitist Forums
What does the popular American phrase, "Yolo" mean? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter abbreviations (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: What does the popular American phrase, "Yolo" mean? (/thread-62920.html)

Pages: 1 2

What does the popular American phrase, "Yolo" mean? - Delicia - 02-21-2013 09:37 AM

I have been recently checking the "Twitter", the "Facebook", the "Vine", the "Myspace" the "Tumblr" and last but not least, the Google owned corporation, the "YouTube." I have been hearing multiple things about "Swag." What does this mean? The only clue I have is every time I hear the phrase "Swag" it has to do with a white, or more popularly, african male. They also tend to have on a "Bull's SnapBack" large, "gangster" "Osiris" shoes, tight "skinny jeans" and a pop culture t-shirt, or jacket. This word, "Swag" really interests me and I would love to learn about it more, so I can be "Dope Sh.it Fly" (As the kids would say.) Thank you.
I do only love Oregeno! Thank you for teaching me what the mysterious "YOLO" meant. I will now fulfill my dreams of owning my own restraunt, where Oregeno will be a popular ingredient in all my dishes.

- Jim Witchet - 02-21-2013 09:45 AM

Yolo means You Only Live Once

Swag is what people say they have when they call themselves "cool" It pretty much means they have style.

- bobcats - 02-21-2013 09:45 AM

you only live once

- bobcats - 02-21-2013 09:45 AM

Your Only Love: Oregano

It's a popular phrase among cooks.

- Niki - 02-21-2013 09:45 AM

You Only Live Once

- Lulu - 02-21-2013 09:45 AM

You Obviously Love Oreos.

- Lulu - 02-21-2013 09:45 AM

you only lick once its a phrase to live by really.If you have a lollipop or ice cream cone remember only lick once.

- tinyvan297 - 02-21-2013 09:45 AM

Yolo stands for "You only live once" see the Saturday Night Live- satire song of Yolo.

They are making fun of people doing everything "Yolo" by people doing "nothing" to stay
safe "yolo".

Swag is stuff you get- like movie stars before the awards ceremonies go to a show-
where all the high price name brands- give out their stuff to movie stars for free-
hoping they will use the stuff and get people to buy it bc people watch what they wear-
So they get a good bag of "swag" from those events.

- JaQueeta - 02-21-2013 09:45 AM

U ONLii LiiVE ONCE!

- bee - 02-21-2013 09:45 AM

you only live once.