Twitist Forums
Is there anything wrong with submitting a claim to be a member in a class action? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Is there anything wrong with submitting a claim to be a member in a class action? (/thread-63493.html)

Is there anything wrong with submitting a claim to be a member in a class action? - Chris - 02-26-2013 10:32 PM

I received an email telling me that my Facebook profile info was used in a product advertisement. I am a class member and therefore I have the right to submit a claim form on a website. I may receive some monetary benefits as well as Other benefits.
I just want to file a claim to see how it is and just for the sake of learning. The payment I will receive is no more than 10 bucks, but that's not why im participating.
Can participating as a class member in a lawsuit be harmful in anyway? Does it add anything to your record? The hearing is on June, 28th and the deadline for submitting a claim is May, 2nd.

- TedEx - 02-26-2013 10:33 PM

The only real winner in a class action suit is the lawyers.You will see your payment in about 4 years.

- lawmomof3 - 02-26-2013 10:41 PM

No.

No.

and

No.

- xpatinasia - 02-26-2013 10:47 PM

No.