Twitist Forums
Am i considered first generation college student? And when does the Bill gates millenium scholarship open? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter abbreviations (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Am i considered first generation college student? And when does the Bill gates millenium scholarship open? (/thread-63826.html)

Am i considered first generation college student? And when does the Bill gates millenium scholarship open? - cucallloo3000 - 02-28-2013 01:24 AM

Okay, I might sound retarded right now, but please not hateful comments. My mother finished college in another country, but only did two years at a Community College. But my father on the other hand never attended college. Would I still be considered first generation? Both neither pursued a college degree in the United States. And, when does the Bill Gates Millennium scholarship usually open? I know the deadline is January 11th for this year, but I am only a junior. I will be applying for it in the year of 2013-2014. I would like to know when it will be the first day it will open for that year for I won't miss a day! I want as much time as possible so I would be able to write exquisite essay's. Thank you!

- Rob - 02-28-2013 01:27 AM

no

- Pink - 02-28-2013 01:34 AM

Well if she didn't collect any aid from USA for her education, then yeah you can actually claim first generation college student.

- yo - 02-28-2013 01:38 AM

You do not sound "retarded" at all. Yes you are a first generation college student. If neither your mom or dad has a Bachelor's Degree, then you are considered a firstgen college student. Congrats.

By the way, the word "retarded" is a very offensive term. Although I know you meant "I don't want to sound like I don't know better", someone could read how you use the word "retarded" and unfairly judge you. I hope that helps! Check me out on Twitter!