Twitist Forums
Why are some filipino kids so spoiled? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter Trends (/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Why are some filipino kids so spoiled? (/thread-6461.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Why are some filipino kids so spoiled? - Akihiro - 10-12-2012 08:02 AM

Most aren't spoiled but i have seriously noticed this trend getting bigger among all classes,even poor.Basically,So many have their own car and drive around..go to starbucks everyday,have the flashest cellphones (samsung galaxy,even the POOR) ipods ,own laptops,wear the latest vans,good clothes,etc always rely on their parents and still saying "mommy".Just makes me pity these selfish snobs.Most of them go to makati night clubs with all the upperclass people and around the rich areas in manila and hang out there.For their birthdays they would hire camera crews, photographers,nice dresses, in a flash venue,etc.Everything is about them,the whole world is revolved around them! they also do modelling even when their so short and don't have what it takes but still insist to themselves that they are something.Anyway,Filipino CULTURE is starting to turn like this,especially the younger generations with their constant annoying self-centered twitter,instragram,posts..

what is wrong with these people? I'm 19 years old and have my own car WHICH i "worked" for to buy it,not handed it to me on a silver platter.Also has anyone else had any runoffs or experiences with the "upperclass" society in manila?
friends i know are like this.I've been to these birthday parties,it's full of rich self--centered arrogant snobs
they act as if the whole world revolves only around these certain people..
You people didn't realize that cars are cheaper in other countries,1000$ and up.I worked in my own country receiving Dollars.I worked in PH too.

- dan - 10-12-2012 08:10 AM

I DONT HAVE AN ANSWER

- platane - 10-12-2012 08:10 AM

self centered filipinos are people who never go out of their country. They concentrate to their sort. They go nowhere unless they can continue their way of life since they are parasite in reality.
I have pity for the children of filipinos since my cousins children are the same. Though they are not that rich as they pretended to be, they are just above the poor ones. Filipinos thinks that if they can afford to buy a car it's because they are rich.Filipino children are the sort of human who loves to make a castle in the air.
Besides, filipinos are the kind of people who believes what they just want to believe. They never leave their country since out of their ground nobody will give them respect with their rotten upbringing.
Therefore rich filipinos remains in their country where they could continue oppressing their own co- filipino. shout and deprive them.
@ When i was still in hotel trade I've seen a lot of spoiled filipino children so I know what I'm talking about.
Basically, when they go to hotels especially from 3 stars they were expected to have a good table manners not going on top of tables in our restaurants. They shouldn't steal ashtrays, spoons and towels. I'm not talking of one or 2 children here, I'm talking of 30 children of rich filipino. Of course some of them are chinese migrants. Their papers stipulates they are filipinos but if you look their names they are chinese. Those days when I got the room plannings I checked names, that's why I know they are not all filipinos by blood but as well chinese of origin.
If they are really rich and spoiled then they are not only rotten bad mannered they are also cheetahs who don't know how to eat at the table. Children are the mirrors of their parents.
Briefly parents are cheetahs manners too.

- Mackeyboy - 10-12-2012 08:10 AM

I don't have an answer also

- lolit - 10-12-2012 08:10 AM

i am a mother of 4 kids but they are not spoiled brat . they know how to handle thier money . when they were in school they know how to wash and iron thier uniform they could cook too . i dont know where you get this data , information that filipino kids are spolied . but of course there spoiled but do not generalized them .

- gigantictwig747 - 10-12-2012 08:10 AM

and you go to you're 'friends' party yet talk bad behind their backs?
i see, apparently being a 'plastic' and a backstabber is better than being a selfish spoiled brat

19 years old with a car? tell me how did you "worked" for it?
unless you've been "working" since you were young, it'd be pretty much unbelievable ( not impossible) to buy a car

@loco where did you get those pics XD

- Nagmamaria - 10-12-2012 08:10 AM

Nagfi-feeling American kasi sila...

- Kuroneko - 10-12-2012 08:10 AM

Its the media telling that kids can be cool if they have or consume a certain product that would raise their social status. Just look at the commercials. Also those kids believe that they are superior if they can boss around people.

But a handful of people from rich families are actually live simpler in life than those who recently got rich. They don't brag much if they purchase something and usually not speak about it without being asked. Of coarse don't generalize people but I assume that you said that based on your experience.

But you must consider that we are living in a world where internet becomes a essential part of our lives. Yet I agree that some posts on social media sites can be annoying and just asking for attention.

- Zax - 10-12-2012 08:10 AM

Try to go out from Manila... My filipina gf comes from rural area and she and her family are very well educated with good christian values. People in big cities become pretty f.k.n primitive...

- ΣΨξ Θ∱ ЯΛ - 10-12-2012 08:10 AM

time to change friends