Twitist Forums
HELP ! someone has infiltrated my computer with a virus. I want to start with a fresh hard drive. How? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook apps (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: HELP ! someone has infiltrated my computer with a virus. I want to start with a fresh hard drive. How? (/thread-64644.html)

HELP ! someone has infiltrated my computer with a virus. I want to start with a fresh hard drive. How? - Dollbaby Melissa - 02-28-2013 09:53 AM

Someone has done a major hack job on my computer - They are sending links, vulgar comments, and virus links to all my friends on facebook and myspace. I remember awhile back calling my computer company and them guiding me through restoring my computer as if I just brought it home from the store. What are the steps to this process ? Thanks ! ( Acer desktop Windows Vista )

- Joey M - 02-28-2013 10:01 AM

They haven't hacked your computer. They've hacked your network. First you need to remove all malicious software from your desktop. I suggest using Malwarebytes. It is a great malicious software removal tool. Second I suggest you change your network settings to not allow the a-hole access to your network. Third you need to change all of your passwords. Use combinations of letters, capital letters, numbers, and special characters to make sure the a-hole can't access any of your private information which may be stored on your computer.