Twitist Forums
If I delete my facebook account will it delete all info about me? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: If I delete my facebook account will it delete all info about me? (/thread-64876.html)

If I delete my facebook account will it delete all info about me? - Reina Abolofia - 02-28-2013 11:50 AM

I am really starting to get creeped out by the way facebook is using and sharing my private information. I want to delete my account because of this. However, I want to know first if this will actually delete all of my personal information from their servers.

- Jovanna Carrera - 02-28-2013 11:57 AM

No it doesn't :/ but edit your profile and delete all your personal information

- Chanelle - 02-28-2013 12:05 PM

You can't actually delete your accout, but you can deactivate it. And once you diactivate it then no one can see your stuff and they won't be able to find you on Facebook.

- para - 02-28-2013 12:13 PM

It's too late. You have no control over what facebook does with the information that you... gave them yourself. Really. Even if they claim so, they already have and will sell your information to advertisers, telemarketers and everyone who is willing to pay for it.

Using 'free' sites has its price too. If the service is 'free' then you are the product to be sold.

- Drizzy - 02-28-2013 12:15 PM

If you deactivate your account facebook will back up your info on their server and you can reactivate your account anytime, but if your fully delete your account then it will delete all your information