Twitist Forums
Can anything be done for this? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Can anything be done for this? (/thread-6502.html)

Can anything be done for this? - girrllll - 10-12-2012 08:03 AM

I'm 20, and about 3 years ago i started having major problems focusing. like i went from being very patient and being able to study for hours non stop to being extremely impatient and not being able to even watch a movie or tv show because i couldn't focus on it

its really impacting my life, its making school much harder and i cant even have a phone call with my long distance bf without getting super distracted right away.

I don't ever watch tv, i don't over use social media sites, ive tried dozens of ways to focus but nothing has worked. also the same thing happened to my mom when she was my age.

is there anything that i can do about this?

also i don't think i have ADHD, because im not hyper active and none of my symptoms started till i was about 17

Thanks!!

- paquito - 10-12-2012 08:12 AM

Could be ADD. Different from ADHD.

- Nurse Alesha - 10-12-2012 08:12 AM

You said you were in school and 20, so I'm assuming you're in college. Go to your school's health clinic and tell the doctor there what you've been experiencing. The doctor can possibly help you or refer you to someone who can.

- Penelope - 10-12-2012 08:12 AM

I was diagnosed with ADD at 24. Ritalin has changed my life for the better. I wouldn't be able to get homework, housework or anything done without it.