Twitist Forums
After my computer boots up and gets past the Windows sign on nothing happens? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook apps (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: After my computer boots up and gets past the Windows sign on nothing happens? (/thread-65165.html)

After my computer boots up and gets past the Windows sign on nothing happens? - Greg - 02-28-2013 01:50 PM

The desktop wont load and the screen is blank. My son was on Facebook and I understand there might have been a virus? I can not even F8 to safe mode. PLEASE HELP.
Greg

- Jollycent365 - 02-28-2013 01:58 PM

Before your screen is able to fully load, you should be prompted to go into an F2 mode to make changes/adjustments. If it doesn't allow you to do that, you may want to completely shut down, and try again. If it continues to do as you say, you likely do have a virus and need to have it professionally cleaned, which unfortunately, may mean a complete wipe of your hard drive and any files you have saved on it. A professional techie may be able to save most of your files, however. I had it done for around $60 on my laptop. I got back about 95% of my data and files.