Twitist Forums
if a video virus link is sent through email, does opening the email get the virus on your computer? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook apps (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: if a video virus link is sent through email, does opening the email get the virus on your computer? (/thread-65492.html)

if a video virus link is sent through email, does opening the email get the virus on your computer? - zerena - 02-28-2013 03:51 PM

ok so i got a notification email from facebook that looked like it came from one of my friends, saying they shared a link on my wall, when i opened the email the message was that osama virus thats going around. i didnt click on the link i just closed the email.
can i get the virus even if i didnt open the link that was posted in the email?

- Dustin - 02-28-2013 03:53 PM

You shouldn't get a virus if you didn't click the link to watch the video. I've never encountered a virus from just opening the e-mail message. They are usually activated when clicked on the links.

- Joe Blows - 02-28-2013 04:00 PM

If you don't open it, you will be OK. But why don't you get an anti-virus program that scans your eMails?

- Jimmy K - 02-28-2013 04:03 PM

No you will not be affected if you haven't opened the link. Clicking on the link gives the virus access to your PC, that's how they function.