Twitist Forums
Should I use a resize/sharpening action on photoshop, before uploading to facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Should I use a resize/sharpening action on photoshop, before uploading to facebook? (/thread-65597.html)

Should I use a resize/sharpening action on photoshop, before uploading to facebook? - For Blue Skies - 02-28-2013 04:27 PM

I found a free action online that says it resizes and (optional) add sharpening for best image quality on FB. I have noticed Facebook kind of lowers the quality of my photos, and am wondering if this would really make a difference?

- King Leonidas - 02-28-2013 04:35 PM

Oh...I thought you were planning on resizing something else..nvm

- Nick - 02-28-2013 04:35 PM

have you tried using the "high quality" option when uploading your images to fb?

Using the action "might" help, but fb is going to make it smaller (in filesize) regardless of what you do to it pre-upload. I'm not sure if fb does it to EVERY image, or just those that are larger than they might prefer, but it can't hurt trying different things and seeing for yourself what works best... if anything. Don't forget about the high-quality option when uploading either.

- darkroommike - 02-28-2013 04:35 PM

Use the save for web option in Photoshop.