Twitist Forums
Has facebook ever had a dislike button? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Has facebook ever had a dislike button? (/thread-66130.html)

Has facebook ever had a dislike button? - Jodi - 02-28-2013 07:20 PM

I'm not sure but I remember in facebook's early days, for at least a day or 2, I remember the website had a dislike button or a thumbs down button. Could it be that they had it and then removed it? Or I am a going crazy?

- Steve - 02-28-2013 07:27 PM

Yeah, they had a dislike button. I remember when I first joined, one of my friends sent me an invite to try the dislike button. I turned down the letter, but actually that was a bad idea. I'm so tired of this sick "Like if you respect" crap.

- Liza - 02-28-2013 07:30 PM

No.

- Anastasia - 02-28-2013 07:35 PM

Nope, there was never a dislike button. However there was a widespread campaign back in 2009 to add a dislike button. Facebook never put up the dislike button because they feared the offensive actions it would cause. You know how the internet is these days!

- Elad - 02-28-2013 07:41 PM

I think you're just going crazy Wink it's funny how suddenly every now and then people pop up saying "I'm sure they had one and I used it!" although there's a Firefox addon that allows you to have one, but not supported officially by FB.

- Rodriguez - 02-28-2013 07:44 PM

I don't need a dislike button. I just use a 4-letter rant to show my feelings on a topic I dislike.

- ezio - 02-28-2013 07:46 PM

There has NEVER EVER been a dislike button. Every image of a dislike button is made up.