Twitist Forums
How much would a developer charge me to make a social networking site? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: How much would a developer charge me to make a social networking site? (/thread-66293.html)

How much would a developer charge me to make a social networking site? - Enrique - 02-28-2013 08:16 PM

The site will let users post pictures, create groups, find friends and message them.
I need to have an idea, to set a budget.... so a price braquet would be good... from $100 to $500, from $500 to $1000 and so on..
thanks,
It will be something like a facebook... a basic facebook.
I had someone quote me $2500, just wanted to see if its fair.

- HurlGurl - 02-28-2013 08:19 PM

Im right into web design and can make you a free site if you like. It's one of my hobbies.

- myredneck g - 02-28-2013 08:21 PM

I recently checked into this, and I had estimates ranging from $3000 to $10,000.

- jonhni.clark11 - 02-28-2013 08:22 PM

well it may cost a a bit of money to start it up but after a while if it is successful then you could get like businesses that want to have ads on your site and they would pretty much pay for it

i dont know how much it would cost but it would probally be a good investment

- mdigitale - 02-28-2013 08:29 PM

The web design skills required to build a social networking site are not uncommon -- essentially you want someone or a small group familiar with a database like MySQL, some scripting languages like PHP, C#, ASP.net, etc. Also be sure you get a reliable webhost, preferably with a dedicated server.