Twitist Forums
Why is Facebook asking for a government id? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Why is Facebook asking for a government id? (/thread-66488.html)

Why is Facebook asking for a government id? - Lashay - 03-01-2013 09:15 AM

Yesterday I tried to log in it was asking for my name, birthday,email. I did that and Facebook told me to wait for a email so I did and then it asked me for my government Id. Is this real or a scam

- Marie K - 03-01-2013 09:22 AM

either way I would not give it to them
it MUST be a scam

- Spike - 03-01-2013 09:25 AM

Is it really Facebook, not some other site, you might have went to. Is it by accident you might of type one letter to many or left a letter out, and you went to a Facebook look alike site or a fake Facebook site. That do happen when people type a little too fast and nor really look. Since they know the web address to it.

I don't think someone has hacked into Facebook and did all that asking for all those stuff from members, or it would have been on the news.

- simon - 03-01-2013 09:34 AM

That sound like a scam. thank you for making us aware of this you might want to report it to the police as an attempted cyber crime.

- abraXus - 03-01-2013 09:42 AM

it's real - it's how facebook makes sure that you arent breaking the rules by creating more than one account, using a fake name, or lying about your age

it happens when they detect multiple account usage from the same computer/phone, or when someone reports your profile for being fake

- b - 03-01-2013 09:48 AM

I sent in my Photo ID yesterday and still no email from FB... Anyone know how long this takes?