Twitist Forums
What apps do I really want on a smart tv? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook apps (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: What apps do I really want on a smart tv? (/thread-66506.html)

What apps do I really want on a smart tv? - Alisa - 03-01-2013 09:23 AM

I want to buy a smart tv but I don't know what are the basic apps a smart tv should have. What would you recommend?

- Bittertrick426 - 03-01-2013 09:27 AM

Consider Why you want a smart TV and make sure it has what you need. I would not want a smart TV because I think it is easier to hook a computer to your TV and use a regular operating system and browser to access web content. A smart TV is just a television with internet connectivity. Typical apps include Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, Facebook, Youtube, Google TV, and some type of browser.

I find it easier to use Windows media center and windows 7 along with IE Chrome or Firefox or Opera to
access any web sources including Hulu, CBS News, ;Youtube

- Bersa - 03-01-2013 09:35 AM

Netflix, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Hulu and Pandora.....that being said I dont find it really practical to browse the internet on my TV screen so I stick to using my laptop for those tasks so the best app to me is Netflix.

- Jay - 03-01-2013 09:44 AM

I don't know what you look for in a smart TV. Most smart TVs now can access social network sites, browse Internet and download videos, movies, and games. I usually use my LG TV to play 3D games. But I personally think that not only basic apps matter on a smart TV, but its easy-to-use functions do as well.