Twitist Forums
How do social activists make a living? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: How do social activists make a living? (/thread-66580.html)

How do social activists make a living? - None - 03-01-2013 10:23 AM

I really want to make a difference when I grow up. Originally, I wanted to be involved in medicine but I'm increasingly becoming interested in social activism and media around it. I want to make a change and stand up for what I believe in. I don't think money is the base of happiness, but how do people who drop everything and organize movements find somewhere to live or something to eat? I don't intend to move away and leave everything but I am interested in how radical activists make their way

- Andy - 03-01-2013 10:31 AM

They usually are affiliated with an interest group (ie. NAACP, NRA, ACLU) that raises money and provides them a salary for their lobbying or campaigning efforts. Others are employed by companies who are interested in being represented on the capital (ie Big Tabacco, Oil, Auto workers, etc).

- rrredbird - 03-01-2013 10:31 AM

they lie cheat steal beg borrow,they have no scruples,most smoke dope,live in filth,eventually a lot end up in jail or dead,

- Darla - 03-01-2013 10:31 AM

we have other jobs. mostly the money we use to advocate our beliefs are from our own pockets. if you do it really well you can become a speaker for some foundation and you get a salary for that.