Twitist Forums
Does the current financial situation spell doom for the insane idea of privatizing Social Security? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Does the current financial situation spell doom for the insane idea of privatizing Social Security? (/thread-6667.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- smallhose156 - 10-12-2012 08:20 AM

You've got that wrong.

Government involvement is what caused the problem. Regulation of the market is what forces lenders to give out loans as required by law, rather than as risks and collateral allow.

Bush wants to get the government out of social security to.

- mr p - 10-12-2012 08:20 AM

yes, but that's a shame because social security is the Ponzi scheme

- peppersham - 10-12-2012 08:20 AM

I never thought that was a good idea I lived thru the S&L mess.

- louie666pwu - 10-12-2012 08:20 AM

No, because the lunatics who want to privatize Social Security live in the State of Denial. Ask them. They'll tell you that the 'fundamentals of the economy are strong'.

- Cheek - 10-12-2012 08:20 AM

Not at all. Historically speaking Privatizing SSI has always given a better output. soon as teh government took it over, its a question as to wether or not there would be any left when we get there.

The market will bounce back. Government has NEVER done well with anything that they have touched. Public schools, the housing market, Gas just to name the most recent government accomplishments...

- caldude1010101 - 10-12-2012 08:20 AM

Yep, McCain dropped the subject like a hot potato.

I guarantee you won't hear a peep from him about SS privatization from now until the election.

- JimSock - 10-12-2012 08:20 AM

If my social security deductions had been in private investment funds, I would already be retired.

Why would you want to hand a portion of you pay check over to the gang who can't shoot straight.

On the one hand you say the government and it's politicians are inept and corrupt but on the other hand you want that same group to be the guardian of you money. I don't get it?

- Moose - 10-12-2012 08:20 AM

Let's hope so. This was another Bush fat cat giveaway. No normal person would cut holes in the security net.

- im_foxygirl - 10-12-2012 08:20 AM

Let's hope they leave Soc Sec alone. Privatize it and it's all over.
The problem is that Bush thinks Soc Sec is an account he can touch.
I like Gore's idea.....it should be in a lock box!

- givingvoice2003 - 10-12-2012 08:20 AM

Yes...and it also "doomed" my 401K