Twitist Forums
What would be your honest response to this? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: What would be your honest response to this? (/thread-66681.html)

What would be your honest response to this? - Mary - 03-01-2013 06:11 PM

I'm 35 years old. Apparently few years ago my step-dads niece (she's 14) and I became facebook friends. I have never met the girl but my 16 year old son has plenty of times. Basically they are second cousins. So yesterday my mom texted me asking me why I was friends with her husbands 14 year old niece and that she thinks that's creepy!? I answered her and said "well I forgot we were even friends I never talk to her"...the my mom said "well her dads an attorney and I don't think he's like her being facebook friends with an adult woman . I don't want to get sucked into any legal trouble so I want you to delete her"

- Ryu - 03-01-2013 06:19 PM

Honestly? That's just paranoia. There's nothing legally they could do anyway

- Phil Kamen - 03-01-2013 06:19 PM

*Facepalm*

How would your mom end up in legal trouble by having facebook friends?

- Richard - 03-01-2013 06:19 PM

That's a load of b/s. She's playing the creepy child predator card. She's concerned that people might think there's a child molester or predator in the family and it could reflect badly on his professional image.

For gosh sakes, this is family and I think you should ignore her requests. If her dad has a problem with his reputation, let him be the one to tell you.

- Tommy - 03-01-2013 06:19 PM

wtf weird i dont think she understands how facebook works its not like a sex hookup site or something lots of people have younger and older family members as facebook friends it doesnt really mean anything plus theres nothing that could happen legally as a result of this

- just_me_1955 - 03-01-2013 06:19 PM

If you never talk to her Delete unless you want the Drama!