Twitist Forums
Email about some sort of lawsuit against Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Email about some sort of lawsuit against Facebook? (/thread-67219.html)

Email about some sort of lawsuit against Facebook? - Krysta - 03-19-2013 02:57 PM

I just got a legal notice email saying that Facebook has been illegally using peoples' photos & stuff in "sponsored stories" or something prior to December 3, 2012, & they're being sued because of it. Has anyone else gotten this email? What are you going to do about it if you have? What do you think I should do? Should I just ignore it? By the way, if you don't have anything helpful to say, please don't answer.

- Damon - 03-19-2013 03:05 PM

My buddy and I both have gotten it. A class action lawsuit against Facebook. I'd ignore it. Unless you think one of your pictures has been used for profit.

- JIMMER FREDETTE - 03-19-2013 03:05 PM

I got that email too. I WANT MY 10 DOLLARS IT SAID I COULD GET!!!!!!!!! I first thought it was spam so I just ignored it. It also said that you had to submit a form so I just deleted it.

- Cole - 03-19-2013 03:05 PM

Never open a email like that, unless you know its 100% true, just delete it.

- dogg - 03-19-2013 03:05 PM

Yeah, I got it too. I have a couple of Facebook accounts and only one of them received it. Seems out of line and kind of sketchy.