Twitist Forums
Does it seem like a growing trend...? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter Trends (/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Does it seem like a growing trend...? (/thread-6774.html)

Does it seem like a growing trend...? - Mr. Tickles - 10-12-2012 08:18 AM

...for people to talk incessantly throughout movies but instead of saying things like "I wouldn't go in there if I were her" or "Isn't that the guy from Predator 2" they are simply pointing out exactly what's going on on-screen? Example: "She is being stabbed by the killer" or "That tank just exploded."

Is this a product of internet life-narration tools like Twitter?

And if you are guilty of this, will you shut up and give me my $9.50 back?

- Kristy - 10-12-2012 08:26 AM

Talking during movies is fun. Teehee! That's why I do it at home where I can't annoy too many other people. XD.

I'm sorry that it bothers you though. Make me kind of wish that everyone in the theatre was given individual headphones instead, huh. Lol.

- Yoda - 10-12-2012 08:26 AM

Hehe, Captain Obvious.

I seriously haven't heard people narrate movies, more like make fun of them while watching them.

- JB - 10-12-2012 08:26 AM

i always thought it was those people without the self control to think to themselves but yeah ive experienced it first hand from my friends or from others like.. seriously i dont want the narration and just shut up and watch the movie

- A B - 10-12-2012 08:26 AM

I know! I went and wasted $9 on Paranormal Activity and if that wasn't bad enough I had a narrator sitting behind me.

- Gonzo - 10-12-2012 08:26 AM

Lol. I do hear alot of this and is the reason why I like going to the early shows (11am-1pm) when the theatre is empty.

Dumb 16 year old behind remarked during the trailer for Inglorious Basterds, "Why is Brad Pitt talking with a southern accent? That don't sound like a Nazi".